Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: power supply amp require for SM23165D

power supply amp require for SM23165D 4 years 2 months ago #1552

• zslim
  • Fresh Boarder
hi,

if i have 3 units if SM23165D, i want these 3 motor can run in high speed also, so i need find a power supply 48VDC 15amp for it?
Because continuous current for SM23165D is 5amp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: power supply amp require for SM23165D 4 years 2 months ago #1553

• csearcy
  • Thank you received: 77
As far as the Animatics supplies offered. I would consider using the PFC1500W-48 which has 30A output. This lists for about $743. The next less expensive option would be using either one or two of the PFC500W-48 supplies... which offer 10A output at a list of about $260 each. The 10A supply may be sufficient for all 3 motors... depending on if they all run under full load at the same time.

Re: power supply amp require for SM23165D 3 years 10 months ago #1680

I too can't find information on sizing a power supply for multiple SM23165Ds.
Two SM23165D motors are mounted inside a compact, space restricted box. They are operated in Sine mode, with 500 rpm max on the motor output shaft, moved with variable oscillating motions. The gear/belt drive is designed to handle (not slip) with 120% of the peak (58 oz-in) and cont. torque (44 oz-in) of the sine mode curves for this motor. The motors are to be powered by an internal, PCB-mount switching DC/DC power supply, wattage TBD, which outputs at 24VDC; fitting an Animatics supply inside the box is not feasible. Each motor is rated at 5A current, at "nominal" supply voltage, without stating what the nominal voltage is. How much current can this motor draw at low rpm with a high load? Do I really need a 10A/240W or greater power supply to not lose power or reset if both motors are moving heavy loads at slow speeds, such as the output shaft contacting and pushing into an immovable obstruction, or is the 5A rating apply to the 10,400 no-load speed which I'll never get near?

Re: power supply amp require for SM23165D 3 years 10 months ago #1681

• csearcy
  • Thank you received: 77
Voltage is speed. Current is torque. If you're moving at 500 rpm and the shaft is in a "rotor locked" situation (pushing into an immovable obstruction), the drive is going to give everything it's got to move the motor shaft.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds