Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: What should I know before starting with Animatics

What should I know before starting with Animatics 2 years 11 months ago #2144

• MaxLim4507
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys,

I am new to Animatics motors and SMI software and I need to make change in the sequence of an installation done few years ago. I first tried to connect to the motor with the DB-9 connector, I tried many baud rate and adresses without success. Then I searched for the backup file given by the manufacturer of the machine. I found .smx, .tp and .ls files. Smx file seems to be a compressed version of the program , but I wonder if it is possible to open it ? Also I would like to know how best to proceed to download the motor program? And what I need to know to upload program from motors?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What should I know before starting with Animatics 2 years 11 months ago #2147

• csearcy
  • Thank you received: 77
The *.smx is the compiled version of the *.sms file (sms=SmartMotor Source). It's best to have the original .sms ...but if you don't... you still have a couple of things you can do.
1. If you have a spare motor... use the SMI2 software to download the *.smx ...then upload it as a *.sms file. You will get the raw sms code... but with no "format or comments".
2. If you don't have a spare motor... send your *.smx file to me. I will send you the .sms back.
If you can't do the "Add File" ...send what you have to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ...and ask that it be sent to Chuck.

Re: What should I know before starting with Animatics 2 years 11 months ago #2150

• MaxLim4507
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Chuck,

Thank you for your reply , I will send my files to the email address . Also, what is the best way to connect on the motors ? Do I have to use Address RS-232 chain ? Or by opening the motor program I will have access to the configuration of the communication port ?

Thanks again
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy, swalters, mmeyers
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds