Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Messages posted to this category need to be reviewed by the moderator before it gets posted.
  • Page:

TOPIC: problems about RS232

problems about RS232 1 year, 11 months ago #1629

• Jimmy
Hello my dears,
I tried to communicate with SmartMotor(the model is SM3146DDEBRSEV, version is 4.78AE)by RS232 in using SMI software. I used 3-pin and 4-pin in 7W2 Combo D-sub to connect to my PC. I have tried these two methods in (cn.animatics.com/forum/communications/1401-rs232-problem-comunication.html), but it didn't work. Now I don't know what should I do. Please help me.

Re: problems about RS232 1 year, 11 months ago #1631

• csearcy
You should have the following...
pin 2 on the 9-pin D-Sub connected to pin 3 on the 7W2.
pin 3 on the 9-pin D-Sub connected to pin 4 on the 7W2.
pin 5 on the 9-pin D-Sub connected to pin 5 on the 7W2.

Re: problems about RS232 1 year, 11 months ago #1632

• Jimmy
Yes, i do that. And i am sure I can get message when i connected 3-pin and 4-pin. The SERVO-AMPLIFIER LED is red. AND another led isn't lighting.

Re: problems about RS232 1 year, 11 months ago #1633

• csearcy
ok... So if you type RP in the blue terminal window... you get a response from the motor? ...and if it's 0 ...you can turn the shaft and type RP again... and get a different number?

Make sure you have the latest version of SMI2 software from www.animatics.com

You may just need to either put the following commands in a program and download it to the motor... or type them in the blue terminal window...

UCI
UDI
ZS

...and to make the shaft move one revolution... type the following...

MP
A=100
V=100000
D=4000
G

...if you make a program.. it must also include an END command. The TWAIT command can be used in a program to pause program until the current move completes.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by csearcy.

Re: problems about RS232 1 year, 11 months ago #1634

• csearcy
The following link has a page with tabs... manuals and sample programs... etc. ..for your motor.

www.animatics.com/legacy-downloads.html?task=view

Note: To properly compile for your motor in the SMI2 software... Click on the Compile Menu... then select "compiler default firmware version". You will get a list. Select 478T. This version will understand the command set for your motor.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by csearcy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimmy
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds