Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Messages posted to this category need to be reviewed by the moderator before it gets posted.
  • Page:

TOPIC: RSlogix 5000

RSlogix 5000 4 years, 7 months ago #436

• kennyb
Is there a sample program with communications to a compact logix or control logix PLC via the ethernet port.

Re: RSlogix 5000 4 years, 7 months ago #438

• csearcy
Ethernet IP has not been released yet. ASCII over Ethernet is our legacy protocol (the same command set used for RS232/485). ProfiNet came after that. The best option we have for CompactLogix at this time is DeviceNet. I expect Ethernet IP will be available soon, but I don't have a release date yet.
I do have an RSLogix 5000 program for SmartMotors with DeviceNet, if you consider that option.

Re: RSlogix 5000 4 years, 7 months ago #439

• kennyb
Thank you for the help
It looks like this is my only option so if you could send me the program I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks
Ken

Re: RSlogix 5000 4 years, 7 months ago #441

• csearcy
Ken... I uploaded the CompactLogix program to your forum directory (at least I hope it was yours!)
Let me know if you are able to download it.

---------------------------------------

Ken call me tomorrow at 888-356-0357 so we can exchange email addresses.
-Chuck
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by csearcy.

Re: RSlogix 5000 4 years, 2 months ago #675

I am currently investigating the use of a SmartMotor is our standardized AB platform. I recently downloaded the DeviceNet manual to see what capabilities are.

Can I get a copy of the example program for CompactLogix you are talking about?

Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by stangora.

Re: RSlogix 5000 4 years, 2 months ago #679

• csearcy
Please send your email address to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with a request for the file (attn: Chuck)
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 1.33 seconds