Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Messages posted to this category need to be reviewed by the moderator before it gets posted.
  • Page:

TOPIC: wrap around occurred

wrap around occurred 3 years, 6 months ago #817

• rob
My smartmotor is a 4.40c and it was vibrating a lot, so much that above nine and a half thousand rpm it would stop and say that there was an excesive position error. I opened it ones to check if there's a problem with it. I couldn't find anything and screwed it close again. I tested it and now I can't even get it to run over 3000rpm. If it aproaches this speed, it immediately grinds to a hold and gives of the warning that a wrap around occurred. Could somebody please explain to me what it means and what I can do to about it to make it run a good speed again?

Re: wrap around occurred 3 years, 6 months ago #818

• rob
the model by the way is SM2315D

Re: wrap around occurred 3 years, 6 months ago #819

• csearcy
You can find the specification for that motor at... www.animatics.com/download/legacy/comparison_chart.html
9000 rpm is the maximum "no load speed" for that motor.
Depending on the actual load and forces seen by the motor shaft... you may have some bearing damage due to a high speed/load ratio with your application. This might account for some of the performance issues you are reporting.
The excess position error can come from exceeding the speed that can be achieved with your power supply and motor.... or from a problem with the mechanical system being driven by the motor.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by csearcy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rob

Re: wrap around occurred 3 years, 6 months ago #820

• rob
Thank you very much, I found out that indeed one of the bearings is damaged and that the motor information that's shown in SMI is incorrect, because it said that the top speed is almost 11000 rpm. So thank you again for knowing now that I cannot fully trust the info displayed in SMI.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds