Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Messages posted to this category need to be reviewed by the moderator before it gets posted.
  • Page:

TOPIC: synchronization of a motor with an external device

synchronization of a motor with an external device 3 years, 5 months ago #834

• JT
Hey there,
How can I synchronize a smart motor with the external device. My device is a projector that has an output trigger connector and communicates to the computer through a USB port. How is the communication to the motor realized. Do you have any instructions on that?
Thank you!

Re: synchronization of a motor with an external device 3 years, 5 months ago #837

• csearcy
If the trigger output is TTL (5VDC) compatible, you can wire it to the Smartmotor's on board I/O. With this connection you can call a subroutine based on an interrupt from the I/O point.
If the trigger output is 24VDC, you will need an interface relay.

Re: synchronization of a motor with an external device 3 years, 5 months ago #840

• JT
Thank you!
Our trigger connector has 4 pins each of which is 3.3 VDC. Could it be of use?

Re: synchronization of a motor with an external device 3 years, 5 months ago #842

• csearcy
It is hard to say without seeing a schematic of your circuit. The SmartMotor I/O is 5VDC TTL Sinking(meaning the I/O as an Input will only change states if your trigger gives a path to 5VDC ground). Can you send a link to the specifications for your device?

Re: synchronization of a motor with an external device 3 years, 5 months ago #843

• JT
I have a pdf file that I can send you by e-mail

Re: synchronization of a motor with an external device 3 years, 5 months ago #844

• csearcy
Please email the PDF to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and ask that it be forwarded to Chuck.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds