Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: M-Style motor encoder input/output

M-Style motor encoder input/output 2 years, 9 months ago #1388

• RustyB
I'm putting together an unwind-dancer-rewind with traverse type of system. The unwind will actually be 4 motors running at different speeds with electronic drive shaft, but for simplicity in this question I'll just treat it as a single unwind motor.

If I want to run M-Style motors for both the unwind and rewind, it looks like the rewind motor cannot simultaneously input the unwind encoder signal while outputting it's own encoder signal to the traverse motor. The D-Style motor could do it though. Is this correct?

It also looks like a possible work-around is to have the rewind motor follow the internal clock with a gear ratio and update the gear ratio based on the speed of the unwind motor (via the combitronic network). The gear ratio would only need to be updated during start-up or speed changes while the dancer loop would take care of the fine adjustments. Any issues with that or is there a better way?

Re: M-Style motor encoder input/output 2 years, 9 months ago #1392

• csearcy
You should be able to accomplish this with the Combitronic network, but another option is to add an external encoder to the rewind motor.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds