Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Smart Motor Control Using Delta HMI via RS232

Smart Motor Control Using Delta HMI via RS232 1 year, 10 months ago #1657

• Hdez

I have one smarmotor SM23165DT-DEBRK wiht firmware version
I have one HMI Delta DOP-B07E515. I tried connencting the HMI directly with the smart motor via Rs232, but have not gotten the smartmotor receive the commands that I send you from the HMI.

My question is:

I need

I need to put some command on the smartmotor program, so that this receive the command that I will send from the hmi?.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Smart Motor Control Using Delta HMI via RS232 1 year, 10 months ago #1661

• csearcy
The Smartmotor you have by default is 9600,8,N,1. The only valid character to complete any command is a CR or a SPACE. If the HMI is sending LF (LineFeed... aka Hex0A)... all commands will be ignored and will just cause a Syntax Error.

Here is how I would test the system. Remove the SmartMotor from the system. Connect the HMI to your laptop running the SMI2 software. Click on the COM port in the Blue Terminal window. Click the check box to open the port. Open the "Nose" icon... our sniffer.

You will probably need to swap RX and TX on your serial connection to have communications between the laptop and the HMI. You may also already have a cable that will do this for the HMI programming. If not, you can use a Null Modem cable.

This will let you see "Exactly" what is coming out of the HMI. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by csearcy.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds