Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Labview ActiveX control via RS232

Labview ActiveX control via RS232 3 years, 10 months ago #769

I've been working with smartmotors for a little while, but am still fairly new to some of the concepts when programming with them. My boss has given me an application designed for motors with firmware version 495, and my original testing equipment was the same version. However, our deployment model uses version motors. In both versions, we connect the motors via a RS232 daisy-chain, and make calls via IntegMotorInterface.dll. With the new motors, simple jogging and movement is the same as before. However, the old scan mode, as shown in the VI below, is based on "be at this position at this time," so I have to write the position and motor data to the motors. When the system attempts to write the data to the motors, it causes an unidentified error in Labview. Is this option removed in the class 5 motors, has it changed, or is there something else wrong?

Thanks for any support.

vi - docs.google.com/open?id=0BwaVN7ff5Rf4V0FYSTZsU0QxTmc

Re: Labview ActiveX control via RS232 3 years, 9 months ago #783

• csearcy
There were many commands added in Class5... and some changed. The new manual in the download center on the website should be used for reference.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds