Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can Checksum error fault motors?

Can Checksum error fault motors? 2 years, 3 months ago #1526

• Pototo
Hi,
I two class 5-D motors running my ~280 LB robot.

My motors make a lot of noise on the PID mode and then they stop after running for a few seconds. I know it might be an inertial load problem, but I am looking for the specific flag that makes the motors fault. I print all my words, but nothing drastically changes before and after the motors stop.

From the beginning (before the motors start moving), the syntax error and checksum error flags are being flipped. Does any of these two flags make my motor fault?

I also see the current flag changing, but I know that does not causes the fault.

There is a lot of friction, but reducing the accelerations makes the robot completely useless when driving it. And if I lower the PID values the motors wont even move.

I have a 9:1 gear ratio on the motors.

How can I fix this problem?

Re: Can Checksum error fault motors? 2 years, 3 months ago #1527

• csearcy
Usually, the Excessive Position Error (Status Word 0, Bit 6) is the first error you will get if the motor is faulting out on the move. If the motor is having trouble moving the load, it will probably heat up and begin tripping out more often.

Make sure you don't have any PRINT statements if you have Motor View running, as this can corrupt the data and status bits.

If you do have a checksum error, you should clear the EEPROM and download your program again.

As for the high inertia and over-current flag coming on, the best fix is to increase your gear ratio.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds