Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 24VDC on i/o D-sub

24VDC on i/o D-sub 2 years, 1 month ago #1558

• zslim
hi,

I want to ask that not all 15pin D-sub I/O port on animatics are 5VDC TTL?
Why I saw on Animatics website that got CBLIO_ISO1-xM or CBLIO5V-xV cable are able connect 24VDC I/O on 15pin D-sub?
It's different option on it? What is part no. for require 24VDC I/O on 15pin D-sub?

Re: 24VDC on i/o D-sub 2 years, 1 month ago #1559

• csearcy
All of the I/O on the 15 pin D-sub are 5VDC sinking. The CBLIO-ISO1-xM has a built in circuit board that converts the signals from 5VDC to 24VDC for outputs... and 24VDC to 5VDC for inputs... sinking or sourcing.

The CBLIO5V-xM is just a straight through cable with no conversion. It is the same as buying any 15pin D-sub cable... just wires connected directly to the pins.

If you need to interface to a PLC or other device that uses 24VDC... then the CBLIO-ISO1-xM is what you should use... if you do not have the -AD1 option.

Note: If you are ordering a Class5 motor... like an SM23165D... you can also add the -AD1 option... that gives you an additional 10 points of sourcing 24VDC I/O without the need for the CBLIO-ISO1-xM cable.
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by csearcy.

Re: 24VDC on i/o D-sub 2 years, 1 month ago #1560

• zslim
Hi csearcy,

For class 5 motor -AD1 option, may I know that any recommend website for buy the connector only?

Re: 24VDC on i/o D-sub 2 years, 1 month ago #1561

• csearcy
The -AD1 option must be ordered when the motor is built.
What is the full part of your motor? If you don't have the -AD1 option... the CBLIO-ISO1-xM is still a good option.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds