Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: controlling smartmotor using labview - command timelag

controlling smartmotor using labview - command timelag 1 year, 9 months ago #1671

• dssiitb
I have a smartmotor (sm23165d) connected via RS232 to Labview.

When I control it using its own software (SMI), there doesn't seem to be a time lag between me giving the command and the motor performing the command. However, when I give ascii commands to the motor via labview (VISA write), there is an observable time lag (let's say, for example, when I click 'stop' and it actually stops)

Has anyone faced this problem ? Does anyone know about it ?
If yes, could you give me approximate time lag values for controlling a smartmotor using SMI and LabVIEW (I'm guessing the values for both would be different)?

Re: controlling smartmotor using labview - command timelag 1 year, 9 months ago #1673

• csearcy
I do not have LabVIEW, but I have heard that many have used it with the SmartMotor. I have not heard any reports of this lag time.
The commands received by the SmartMotor have a very high priority. I don’t have an exact number for how long a Stop command would take to process, but depending on baud rate, after the command is received by the motor, I would say it begins to stop within 10msec.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds