TOPIC: Accumulating error

Accumulating error 1 year, 9 months ago #1683

I have a SM2315D version 440C. The program:
MP
V=450000
A=500
P=-69999
G
I have had to change the P value, due to a guide change on the machine(it is turning a screw to a position)to P=-70210. Now after each cycle the screw moves a little further.
I am new to the use of the smart motors and I am getting little support from the machine builder. Looking for some direction in where to look to fix the issue.

Re: Accumulating error 1 year, 9 months ago #1684

• csearcy
If the system was operating correctly before... I would expect this is a "mechanical slip" problem.
I would advise using a scribe or a sharpie... to mark both sides of the "coupling" connecting the motor shaft to the screw (either side could be slipping).
If the motor isn't "faulting out"... it probably thinks it is in the correct position.

Re: Accumulating error 1 year, 9 months ago #1685

I did check for any slipping or loose components and found none. I reset the P back to the original setting and have no accumulation. I have tried reading some information on the motors, would it be possible that the new setting requires re tuning the motor? Also I tried adjusting the V and A but it did not seem to help( admittedly I did not make big changes due to inexperience with the motors and not wanting to cause damage). I do appreciate any advise or suggestions for where to find more information.

Re: Accumulating error 1 year, 9 months ago #1686

• csearcy
You shouldn't have to change the tuning. You can cut the A and V values in half for testing(A is how quick it gets to running speed and V is the running speed). That should double the time it takes to get up to speed... and it would run half as fast as before.

Re: Accumulating error 1 year, 9 months ago #1698

I tried adjusting the A and V but it still accumulated the error. I added an O(origin) operation after the G operation. This seems to be helping, I am trying to determine the correct number of counts to completely eliminate it.
MP
A=450000
V=500
P=-70240
G
O=-240

Then the program continues and loops.
My question, is this the correct use of the O expression? Or is there another method that would be better?

Re: Accumulating error 1 year, 9 months ago #1699

• csearcy
You can use the Origin command, but not while moving. Make sure motion is completed first.

MP
A=500
V=450000
P=-70240
O=-240
G
TWAIT
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by csearcy.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds