Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: monitor

monitor 1 year, 8 months ago #1718

• Jimmy
May I monitor Motor's status via SMI when it is in Data Mode?Such as V,P,PE,A。 IF not what should i do to monitor the status? Will PE be changed when it is motioning?

Re: monitor 1 year, 8 months ago #1719

• csearcy
If you are in Data Mode... everything is up to you. In Command Mode... everything is easier.
If you have to stay in "Data Mode"... you can create a subroutine to Print the data you need to monitor.
For example... if you send a text command to the motor... like "Status"... and your "Data Mode" program knows that it should send status when it receives this command... you can then call a subroutine with PRINT commands sending any SmartMotor parameters needed by your application.
All of the status is available if you handle the communications.

Re: monitor 1 year, 8 months ago #1720

• Jimmy
May I get the Run Time Value in using PRINT?

Re: monitor 1 year, 8 months ago #1721

• csearcy
The Variables @P @PE and @V have the values for Position... Position Error.. and Velocity.
These can be written to variables for evaluation or Run Time Values...

Example:
p=@P
pp=@PE
v=@V
PRINT("position=",p," position error=",pp," velocity=",v",#13) 'the #13 is a carriage return.

Re: monitor 1 year, 8 months ago #1722

• Jimmy
Will PE change when the motor is moving?

Re: monitor 1 year, 8 months ago #1723

• csearcy
It is dynamic and will return the actual following error in encoder counts. The average value will vary based on the load and orientation of the axis. The PID loop of the motor can be modified to reduce the @PE value.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds