Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need help to program smartmotors.

need help to program smartmotors. 4 years, 8 months ago #402

• chunwei
hi all, i need help with the programming for the smartmotors.
Currently, i have 2 smartmotor link together using dasiy-chaining.
I can move both motor individually by sending command to each individual motor using SmartMotor Interface (SMI) software.

However for my application, i need to control the motors using LabView.
can someone show me the commands to control each motor individual?

Re: need help to program smartmotors. 4 years, 8 months ago #403

• csearcy
I hope to post a LabView example soon.

Re: need help to program smartmotors. 4 years, 8 months ago #406

• chunwei
hi csearcy,

not being rude here, but may i know when i can expect to see the LabView example?
I need them quite urgently. Thanks alot

Re: need help to program smartmotors. 4 years, 8 months ago #407

• csearcy
I have scheduled a conference with an NI LabView tech on 1/31/2012. I'm sorry I can't offer you a specific time frame as for when I will post an example. We have many customers that use LabView with SmartMotors, but many send simple ASCII commands to the motors... while others have integrated our dll for use as ActiveX Components.
This means we don't actually have a LabView "Driver" that is registered with National Instruments. My goal is to create an Animatics Driver that you can select from the list of Drivers that come available with LabView.

In the meantime... please feel free to contact me through the Animatics tech support line for "up to date information"... at 888-356-0357. We can exchange email and I will hopefully be able to support you directly to solve your problem.

Regards... -Chuck

Re: need help to program smartmotors. 4 years, 8 months ago #408

• chunwei
Hi, thanks for the help.

Currently, I have set up 2 smartmotor using daisy-chain.
Using the SMI software, I am able to move the motor both at the same time or individually by choosing which motor I send to.

Also I have a Labview Program which sends Simple ASCII commands to the motors.
For testing, I only used the following commands:

A=1000
V=100000
P=20000 (I uses a different value for P every time)
G

What I did was I will use the SMI software to test is the motors are working each time before i try my Labview program.

One point that I noted was:
If my last command was to both motor using SMI software, when using the Labview program, both motors will run together.
And if my last command to a single motor, only that single motor run when using the Labview program.

Correct me if I am wrong. I think that the SMI software send some command to sleep the other motor when I chose to send the command to a single motor. and SMI software will wake all the motors when I chose to send command to all motors.

if so, i need to know the command that SMI is using to sleep or wake the motors. Could you provide help or examples?

Thanks a lot.

Re: need help to program smartmotors. 4 years, 7 months ago #412

• csearcy
Please contact me on our tech support line.
888-356-0357
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 1.25 seconds