Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Default Parameters

Default Parameters 4 years, 7 months ago #426

• TEvans
Is there a document of default settings for the Smart Motor ( Class 5 )?
Also is there a method for returning the Smart Motor to out of the box settings/parameters?

Re: Default Parameters 4 years, 7 months ago #431

• csearcy
Most of the default settings are in the manual. Some settings you may have to check... depending on the motor you have.
Example:
RKP
RKI
RKD

To set the motor to factory default. Detect the motor with the SMI2 software. Right click on the detected motor in the Configuration Window (white screen on the left side of your SMI2 screen that shows your COM Port). You will get a Popup menu that has an option to Clear EEPROM. This loads a program with nothing but the END command.

Re: Default Parameters 4 years, 7 months ago #433

• TEvans
Thanks for the reply. I tried the Clear EEPROM on my Class 5 motor and went back and looked at some of the parameters but some did not seem to change in value. Specifically what parameters have their values retained in non-volatile memory? Also, I don't see all the tuning ( gain ) default values in the manual ( I assume they vary from motor to motor? ) and if so, how do you set these values back to "as shipped" settings?

Re: Default Parameters 4 years, 7 months ago #434

• TEvans
To clarify, i cycled power and it seems none of the parameter values are saved to non-volatile memory.

Re: Default Parameters 4 years, 7 months ago #435

• csearcy
All variable memory is reset to zero. The same with all motion registers... PT, VT, ADT, etc.
The tuning defaults for your particular motor will be reset to factory defaults if they are not set in a program or from a host.
There is non-volatile memory that can be used for variable storage using the VST and VLD commands. This memory will retain values even if the Smartmotor program memory is cleared.

Some values related to CAN and Combitronics are stored to EEPROM when sent through SMI2 or a host.
CADDR
CBAUD
CANCTL
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by csearcy.
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 2.51 seconds