Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Digital Asynchronous Inputs

Digital Asynchronous Inputs 4 years, 4 months ago #612

• bmick08
I have a digital input that when changed needs to cause the inverting of the motor's directions. Is there a way to connect a digital input to one of the user bits? This way I can use an interrupt to monitor the status of the digital input?
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by bmick08. Reason: previous response became an irrelevant question

Re: Digital Asynchronous Inputs 4 years, 4 months ago #613

• bmick08
The best way I figured so far is to check the bit's status whenever I make a change to the velocity of the motor. This seems to work fine.

Re: Digital Asynchronous Inputs 4 years, 4 months ago #614

• csearcy
You can check the bit in a continuous loop. This will let you save the interrupts for other purposes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmick08

Re: Digital Asynchronous Inputs 4 years, 4 months ago #615

• bmick08
Does the MINV command change any system defined bits other than bit 10 in Status Word 6?

I have been using the MINV command to invert the motor's commutation. To make it continue moving, I have to add the ZS command after MINV. I think the ZS command is resetting my origin and therefore causing my software limits to be off.

Re: Digital Asynchronous Inputs 4 years, 4 months ago #616

• csearcy
The MINV command is there to let you change commutation if the direction seems wrong... like the encoder incrementing when you would rather it be decrementing.
The best way to change directions in velocity mode is to use positive and negative velocity values.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmick08
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds