Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I/O Ports 2 and 3

I/O Ports 2 and 3 4 years, 4 months ago #627

I am programming a SM17205D motor for using in an underwater vehicle. My question is regrading the assigning of ports 2 and 3 on the RS-485 connector. I want these ports to be inputs such that when I read them I can take their values into an if loop and if the value is high do this and if low do something else. I use the command EIGN(2) and EIGN(3) to assign the ports as inputs. After that when I use the command RIN(2) to report the signal from the port I always get a value of 1. Is this the default state of the pin? I ask this because I want to make an external switch that will drive this pin to low (0) based on some external commands and I need to make sure that essentially if I connect this pin while a value of 1 to ground I will not blow the pin and cause problems? Does this make any sense?

Thanks in advance.

Re: I/O Ports 2 and 3 4 years, 4 months ago #628

• csearcy
The I/O on the SmartMotor 15pin connector are sinking, and have an internal pull-up resistor to 5VDC, so the default state will be a 1. If you connect any of the 7 I/O pins to GND (pin13) they will change to a 0. You will not damage the I/O by doing this.
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by csearcy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: motordrivingwings
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds