Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Messages posted to this category need to be reviewed by the moderator before it gets posted.

TOPIC: Will the SmartMotor operate with Labview commands?

Will the SmartMotor operate with Labview commands? 8 years 4 months ago #22

• Animatics
  • Thank you received: 1
Labview has the ability to communicate ASCII protocol via RS232 as a driver so the interface is compatible. The User can readily send down code strings in SmartMotor compatible commands.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Will the SmartMotor operate with Labview commands? 6 years 5 months ago #354

Adding a basic VI will help to illustrate this... Can you please do it?

Thank you

Re: Will the SmartMotor operate with Labview commands? 6 years 1 week ago #601

• dnrtpn
Were you able to successfully operate the SmartMotor using Labview commands? Would you be willing to share your program?

Please help.

Re: Will the SmartMotor operate with Labview commands? 6 years 1 week ago #602

I do not have that code anymore. The way I made it work I simply coded what ever I needed in the SMI and then copied the text commands and placed it as input command to a Write. The SM was connected via USB to the laptop.

SMI:
www.animatics.com/products/smartmotor/animatics/host-software/smi-smartmotor-interface.html
User manual where you can find the various commands that the SM can take:
www.animatics.com/download/legacy/Users_GuideV5.pdf

My recommendation is to write the whole code first in the SMI and then just pass command snippets to LabView.

Good Luck

Re: Will the SmartMotor operate with Labview commands? 5 years 11 months ago #625

• dpilon
I was able to get commands to work using Labview, but all my requests for data such as current motor position do not work. I can use Visa Write to set the velocity and acceleration etc, and then move the motor to a specified position, but when I use the command RPA and use Visa Read to retrieve the reported value, there is nothing in the buffer. I assume I am just using Visa Read incorrectly. Any suggestions on how to make it work?

Re: Will the SmartMotor operate with Labview commands? 5 years 11 months ago #626

Well, as I have said before, I do not have the code anymore, and cannot tell you how I made it work. But I did get the right information out.
I do remember placing delay/wait with X ms in order to make it work. Also, I set the read to flush the entire butter out each read (I donot remember the right setup).
Also, you might just try to use a different function to read data out. I remember parsing some output because it gave readings for few things at a time.
I know its not much, but I hope it helps
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds