Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Messages posted to this category need to be reviewed by the moderator before it gets posted.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crestron control

Crestron control 2 years 1 month ago #2223

I have the sm2316dt motor and was looking to control it via a crestron controller on rs-232. Is there a preset that I can recall? The motor is on a track and it only needs to travel left or right, basically an open or close position. I saw the 866 page programming guide but not really sure how to write a complete program inside of Crestron?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Crestron control 2 years 1 month ago #2224

• csearcy
  • Thank you received: 77
I'm not very familiar with Crestron. I'm checking out their website for specifications. Which controller are you using?

Re: Crestron control 2 years 1 month ago #2225

A cp3n there is a serial/rs-232 port, that you would set for the baud, and typically write in a serial string, in hex, or ascii or even both. My concern is that when I searched here for control I found actual programs that are 2-3pages of programming code, not just a single string.

For example to turn on a panasonic projector it is stx PON, etx or in crestron 02\PON\03

thats why I was curious if there was a preset for the motor that could be recalled, as opposed to programming motor speed, torque, travel distance, run out etc everytime.

Re: Crestron control 2 years 1 month ago #2226

• csearcy
  • Thank you received: 77
It's a fully programmable motor. You have 1000 subroutines that can be downloaded to the firmware with a motor program. After powering on the motor with a program like this... you can send a simple command in ASCII like... GOSUB10<CR> ...and the motor will execute that subroutine and stop at the RETURN statement (like 1000 mini programs). All of these subroutines can access data stored/loaded from EEPROM so that data is not lost on a power cycle.
One of our other engineers mentioned that Creston has already developed driver files for communicating with our motors. I don't have any other information on the drivers, but you may want to ask Creston about that.

Re: Crestron control 2 years 1 month ago #2227

great, thank you very much!

Re: Crestron control 2 years 1 month ago #2233

I have the motors working and it is really simple through the Crestron. I have the motor zero'd and the subroutine moves it 500,000 turns to the right. The question is on power outage the motor looses the position. If I restart the program it takes where ever it is as zero (which is dangerous as it will then run off the track).
I searched and found some references to battery backups, but wanted to know if there was a subroutine that ran and saved the position by itself. Actually wrote to the eprom as it was moving?
  • Page:
Moderators: hsummer, csearcy
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds