Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: SMI not detecting and addressing daisy chain of 13

SMI not detecting and addressing daisy chain of 13 1 month 2 weeks ago #2407

OK, now just tried the Communication Lockup Wizard. It goes in an endless loop of "power off, click continue, power on, click continue, cannot establish link..., power off, click continue, power on, click continue, cannot establish link...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SMI not detecting and addressing daisy chain of 13 1 month 2 weeks ago #2408

I did notice that the LED that normally starts out red and quickly turns green, during the wizard activity, stays red after power up until partway through the detection activity, it turns green again. I assume this means the wizard is doing it's job - keeping the program stopped until detection can begin...?

SMI not detecting and addressing daisy chain of 13 1 month 2 weeks ago #2410

• mmeyer
  • Thank you received: 7
Yes, it does seem like the Wizard is working to a certain extent. What program is currently in the motors? You said the LED switches from red to green- does that happen every time?

SMI not detecting and addressing daisy chain of 13 1 month 2 weeks ago #2413

• mmeyer
  • Thank you received: 7
Please call the tech support number: 888-356-0357. If sent to voicemail, leave your phone # and ask for Chuck Searcy to return your call.

SMI not detecting and addressing daisy chain of 13 1 month 1 week ago #2414

Just to post this for all to read - After hours of troubleshooting and time on phone with Chuck, I eventually found the ground reference connection for RS232 was not getting through to the motor. So the motor's ground reference was not effective for the motor to read the RS232 signals. So even though the loop-back test should a good circle, it did not prove the ground reference at the motor. Lesson for all: Make sure the ground reference is healthy all the way to the end motor!
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds