Welcome, Guest
Messages posted to this category need to be reviewed by the moderator before it gets posted.

TOPIC: Smart Motor with Arduino, can't receive reports

Re: Smart Motor with Arduino, can't receive reports 7 years 2 days ago #671

• csearcy
  • Thank you received: 77
SMI2 couldn't find it because of the old firmware. You can go to our website... support... download center... software... and download an older version of SMI that may work better for you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Smart Motor with Arduino, can't receive reports 7 years 2 days ago #672

Do you have a suggestion as to which version I should try?

Re: Smart Motor with Arduino, can't receive reports 7 years 1 day ago #674

• csearcy
  • Thank you received: 77

Re: Smart Motor with Arduino, can't receive reports 6 years 11 months ago #688

Okay, I'll try that.

It looks like the line feed was at least a part of the problem. I can now get back good information from the motor in my test program, where the Arduino is acting as a serial bridge. I'm still struggling a little bit with another program that I am trying to get to work where the Arduino uses that information. It is very odd, since as far as I can tell I am sending the exact same commands, but am getting back corrupt information. I'm wondering if maybe I am sending the commands too quickly? (I was running it at about 100hz, but I am going to try at 10hz, just to see if that is the case. Especially since I know that serial at 9600K is a bit slow.)

Specifically the command that I am sending is "RBo", which works fine in my test program, but not in my other one. I am still working on it, and should know more later today.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Fredjikrang.

Re: Smart Motor with Arduino, can't receive reports 6 years 11 months ago #692

Everything seems to be working as expected now! Thank you for all of your help!

Re: Smart Motor with Arduino, can't receive reports 6 years 8 months ago #735

I have been having pretty good success with the motor since my last post, but I have just started trying to change the baud rate in order to further increase responsiveness, but I haven't been having any luck.

I am communicating with the motor over RS232, and it works great at 9600 BAUD, but I can't get it to work at other speeds. I send the motor the "BAUD19200" command, for example, and change the baud rate of the Arduino, but once done I can no longer communicate with the motor.

Any ideas?
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds