Advace Drive Capabilities (Plus Firmware Only)
Intended as a means to quickly stop shaft motion in the event of drive fault or drive disable.
- Dynamically shunts windings for quick stops
- 60% peak overload stopping power
- In other words, the motor has 60% more stopping power than its peak advertised torque at stall when MTB is activated
- Automatically engaged under any shaft protection fault :
- Position Error (Following Error)
- Travel Limit Error
- Over Temperature
- RMS Over current
By connecting the travel limits to the E-stop circuitry, the motor can be quickly driven to a stop without the need of complete power removal. MTB only requires control power, not drive power.
Note: MTB can produce Peak torques as much as 60% beyond advertised stall torque of any given applicable Animatics SmartMotor™. It is imperative that any gear head or other shaft loads be capable of handling such a peak torque.